Monday, April 16, 2012

In Which I Get A Life, Break A Computer, Drink Stupid Amounts of Coffee, And Pray For The Price of Cigarettes to Fall

It's been a minute.

It's been several.

I don't even know where to begin, so I won't. It's like hitting fast forward during the talking parts on Glee, you'll have a general idea of what's going on, even if you don't hear what anybody says.

I think I smell Irish cream.

I've been offering counseling/therapy to my friends since my mid/late teens. It was definitely one of those things that I just seemed to fall into. My friends, most of whom I love dearly, seem to have assembled the most crackpot team of problems. My latest case involves a 23 year old with her own set of prescriptions and issues taking on a relationship with a 28 year old suicidal bipolar divorcee (divorcee is a kind term because the paperwork hasn't been pushed though on the divorce). I wish I was making this up. Did I mention he's into BDSM? And that he lives at home? Any of these factors on their own would have been perfectly fine, but here they are combining into the perfect shitstorm. My friend stays, even though she knows she should have bounced a long time ago. Nobody wants anything to do with him, and I do not blame them. He's emotionally abusive, manipulative, has a conviction for hitting his notquiteex-wife, and I have nothing nice to say or believe about him. The best part of believe is the lie, yo.

My face and palm meet daily after the latest weekend update.

I tell her what she needs to hear, and I don't sugarcoat my feelings anymore. I made it explicitly clear that I am not allowed to meet him, because I will not be polite. Instead of a handshake, he will get a square, solid kick in the taint. I don't pull punches. I am too old for bullshit. Well, other people's bullshit. Still working with my own.

Still working with lingering long island hangovers, calluses on my toes, cancelled/sold out concerts, black roots, and a severe lack of left hand oriented jewelry.

The Marshall Mathers LP always makes me nostalgic.

Work is more consistent. Benefits are not.

I like donuts.

No comments: